The day we've all been waiting for....
The eggs (non-cooked) have been sitting for over 11 months, would they still be good>
I rinsed the container full, then took 3 out and rinsed them off really well.
This is the first one. I did it outside in case it smelled and was rotton. It was harder to crack then fresh eggs (due to the water-glass I'm sure). The yolk didn't stay together and the white was runnier than fresh ones.
Before I could get down to smell (there wasn't an immediate rotten smell) Bingo was licking it up. I did sniff the shell and it seemed fine; no stench.
I cracked the next two with the same results. I figured they must be good since Bingo didn't hesitate to eat them.
In the house with number 4. The yolks just don't stay whole.
Slightly scrambled, frying in butter with salt and pepper.
It stuck so I just scrambled it.
After a small bite in the kitchen I had Steve photo me eating. I'm still alive 2 hours later.
CONCLUSION: It worked!!!! You just won't have sunny-side up eggs. I'll bake with them tomorrow to see if they work like fresh ones.
Mandy will be so excited for dinner: butchered chicken and food storage eggs.
2 comments:
WOW! This is impressive!
So, how did you store them? I like idea
Post a Comment