Monday, September 3, 2012

Hideously Lovely

What to do with two 'lovely' items? The mirror is gold plastic, the lamp missing a shade. I decided to 'dress' them up for my granddaughters. (A bonus is sending their parents over the edge with more tacky items for the girls' room).
So I tried on type of spray paint, but it was pretty blah for the purple I was going for.
Basically it was clear (the white is the primer) with some purple glitter. I then re-sprayed them with Glitter Blast (I forgot to take a picture  - this blogging is not my forte'). Oh, and buy a cheap shade.
Next was adding old jewlry to the shade. BTW you can see a peek of the purple base to the lamp. Just hot glue the spangles on.
Yes, its tacky. Yes its PURPLE. Yes it drives my son-in-law nuts. And yes, the girls LOVE it!